Nov 28, 2011

KINDRED SPIRIT

I came to the conclusion, that I wasn't born for city life and that I was glad of it. It's nice to be eating ice cream at brilliant restaurants at eleven o'clock at night once in a while; but as a regular thing I'd rather be in the east gable at eleven, sound asleep, but kind of knowing even in my sleep that the stars were shining outside and that the wind was blowing in the firs across the brook. 
~ LM Montgomery, Anne of Green Gables


As a devoted fan of Anne Shirley, I can't get enough of the her, her budding romance and eventual marriage to Gilbert Blythe, Green Gables, Marilla and Matthew, her "bossom friend" Diana and every little thing that happens in Avonlea when she first arrived at Green Gables.

I was enraptured in her triumphs, cried with her when Gilbert was ill, laughed at her outbursts, and dreamed with her. I want to live in her world, when life was so simple and one's treasures are the people we care about and are great part of our lives.

I consider Lucy Maud Montgomery's Anne Shirley series as one of the best literary pieces ever written and Anne and Gilbert as timeless icons. I am lucky enough to be able to read those books and watch those movies. I will definitely read and watch them over and over again. I commend Megan Follows and Gilbert Blythe for bringing my favorite couple to life. Only Ms. Follows could have accurately portray the Anne's strong will, spirit, beauty, liveliness and enounce such "big words" while Jonathan Crombie is the lad who is loyal, kind, and of course handsome and is in love with Anne forever. Nobody could be the perfect Gilbert than him.

Lucy Maud Montgomery is such a genius storyteller. I can't thank her enough for giving us Anne. She indeed is a 


·~·▐▐║█▐▐║▌▐▐║█▐▐║·~·

No comments :

Post a Comment