Mar 21, 2014

BOOKS I'D LIKE TO SEE ADAPTED INTO MOVIES

It's been a long time coming so let me take up where I left off and give you another list of my beloved books I should very much like to see in the big screen. I compiled a rather exiguous list in my previous post so let me remedy that by adding yet another list containing more, er still a few of those.


4. Jeweled Path - Rosalind Laker

#historicaldrama #baroqueera #artnouveau #faberge #demimonde

I got my copy of this book in a used bookstore and was glad I kept this. I was not expecting much of this at first but was unable to put down once I got started. I should like to watch this in a period film just as depicted in the book, in the colorful baroque era and in the time of Art Nouveau.

goodreads synopsis/reviews here


5. Very Far Away From Anywhere Else - Ursula K. Le Guin


#YA #comingofage #sensibleteens #realisticplot #hopeforthefuture

Instinctively I knew this was going to be a really good read, true enough I finished this in one sitting. I liked the realistic tone, the sensible characters, and the positivity despite the difficult choices to make. In the end what really matters is that we do not regret these choices and would do it again because of the fact that it's for the best.

goodreads synopsis/reviews here

6. Twenties Girl - Sophie Kinsella


#chicklit #roaringtwenties #flappers #jazz #humor #ghoststory #family

I love chick-literature specially those by Sophie Kinsella, who as I have noticed has the affinity to put her heroines in an extremely cringe-inducing and embarrassing situations. Her books can make wonderful romantic comedies and I really wish I'll be watching this in the theater in the future.

goodreads synopsis/reviews here

No comments :

Post a Comment